Coronavirus and your visit to us.
Relax, we got this!
Read our position below or watch the video to see what we are implementing to ensure you are safe for your visit to us and that there is no need to delay your medical or dental appointments.
IMPORTANT DENTAL UPDATE - DENTAL RESTRICTIONS HAVE LIFTED!
Dental is now UNRESTRICTED
WELL DONE SA! - It is was your diligence, your mindfulness and your compassion to others that has made our beautiful state a literal world-wide inspiration. We at St Clair Medical & Dental Centre would like to thank you all for everything that has been achieved so far.
It is now time to book your incomplete dental treatment. For those of you that haven't visited the dentist in a while, your oral health is a gateway to the body and can greatly impact your overall body health. In these times, it is important to be as fit and healthy as you can be.
Please visit: Active Maintenance to see how your oral health impacts your overall health.
Here at St Clair Medical & Dental Centre, we have appointed a dedicated team to follow and track the progress of the Covid-19 pandemic closely and are implementing procedures to ensure the safety of our patients.
What is St Clair MDC doing?
Our dental side is QIP accredited, this is a national accreditation which holds us to the strictest standards of infection control which we adhere to at all times, not just during this pandemic. This includes:
- Strict use of personal protection equipment such as gloves, masks and glasses
- Single-use sterilisation bags for instruments with indicators to ensure 100% bacterial disinfection
- All instruments are examined, tracked and noted in patients’ files
- Daily testing of sterilisation equipment to ensure peak performance
- Antibacterial disinfection of all equipment and benches after each patient
- Pre-operative anti-bacterial mouthwash prior to treatment - Updated 29/03/2020
- Use of rubber dam where possible - Updated 29/03/2020
- Use of two rooms for one dentist, room rotated after each patient, this allows aerosols to settle and substantial time between room use to allow high end cleaning and disinfection - Updated 29/03/2020
The medical side is also nationally accredited.
All patients will be triaged over the phone and asked the following:
- Have you been overseas in the last 2-3 weeks?
- Do you have ANY signs of cold or flu including running nose, sneezing, cough, fever, difficulty breathing etc.
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed case of the coronavirus?
If the answer is “yes” to any of these symptoms, the patient will be asked not to come into the centre. Instead, our doctors have offered to consult the majority of these patients over the phone and recommend required treatment.
The door will be locked and a video doorbell will be added and disinfected after each touch. Patients who are scheduled or walk-in, will be triaged at the front door. Again, if the answer is “yes” to those questions above, they will be asked to return directly home and consult over the phone. If the answer is “no” the door will be opened and they may wait for their scheduled appointment time.
- Increased frequency of general area antibacterial cleaning including waiting areas and chairs.
- Magazines and free sample toothpastes have been removed (sorry guys – we did put Netflix on though).
- Some waiting room chairs have been removed to ensure adequate social distancing
- Anti-bacterial sanitisers will be available to all patients
Why are we going the extra-mile?
Simply, to ensure the safety of our patients and our team. We will keep our premises as sterile as humanely possible by not only stopping the virus at the front door, but going above and beyond what’s required to keep our space safe. We want our patients to feel secure during their visit and rest assured that they are in a safe environment for their medical or dental needs.
Still feeling a bit uneasy?
You may elect to wait in your car until your appointment is due. Please call us to let us know if you are waiting and we can call you as soon as your dentist or doctor is ready. Then, you can present and, passing triage, walk straight into your appointment.
High risk patients include:
- People with compromised immune systems (such as people who have cancer)
- Elderly people (over 70 years old)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples (as they have higher rates of chronic illness)
After-hours dental visits
Due to the increase measures in place, there is no need be alarmed about your visit to the centre. If you are in the high-risk category above and a dental patient – you may also elect to have your appointment scheduled after hours where only your dentist and assistant will be present in the entire centre.
Should you wish to take advantage of this option. Please call our dental front office on 8463 1388 (dial 2). This will be determined necessary and arranged on a case by case basis.
Lastly, please rest assured there has been no stone left unturned to protect you and our team. In the event we do need to close, we will inform our patients by all social media outlets as well as our website and other avenues.
There is no need to delay your medical or dental appointments.
Take care, we are here when you need us!
The team at St Clair Medical & Dental Centre
Monday: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 7:30pm
Friday: 8:00am – 5:30pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 1pm